Scooting is an excellent way for kids to get around. They’re fast, they’re easy to maneuver, and they’re a lot of fun. But with so many different brands and models available, it can be tough to know which is right for your child. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best kids’ scooters, so you can make an informed decision and choose the perfect scooter for your little one.
Our editorial team has independently selected and reviewed each product we feature. If you purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.
Our Top Picks:
- Best Overall : Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter at Amazon (129$)
- Best for tall kids : Folding Kick Scooter for Adults and Kids at Amazon (129$)
- Best for 3 years old : Jetson Jupiter Mini Kids 3-Wheel Light-Up Kick Scooter at Amazon (49$)
- Best Design : Razor A Kick Scooter for Kids at Amazon (37$)
- Best Budget : Jetson LED Light-up Kids Kick Scooter at Amazon (29$)
- Best 3-wheel scooter : 3 Wheeled Scooter for Kids Hurtle HURFS56 at Amazon (57$)
- Best for teens : LaScoota Professional Scooter for Ages 6+ at Amazon ( 79$)
- Best Wheel : Razor A5 Lux Kick Scooter an Amazon (84$)
Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
The Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter is perfect for beginning riders. It has front and rear caliper brakes for stopping power, rear axle pegs for performing tricks, and 12-inch inflatable wheels for a smooth ride. The database limits the scooter to riders 220 pounds or less, and it measures 48 inches long by 26.5 inches wide by 33.5 inches tall.
About this item:
- Mongoose kid’s scooters are perfect for paved and nonpaved surfaces. With 12-inch air-filled bike-style tires, they can ride over bumps and cruise around the neighborhood. The BMX bike-style handlebars and hand brakes make it easy to stop and build confidence.
- The Mongoose bike is perfect for riders 6 to 9 years old, with a maximum weight of 220 pounds. The expansive foot deck makes it easy to balance and stable while coasting. The bike includes 2 axle pegs in case you want to grind a sidewalk on the way to the park.
- The steel traction coated deck measures 33 “high at the handlebar, 48″ long from wheel to wheel, and the deck is 14″ long and 4″ wide. The handlebar can be adjusted 3” to ensure a comfortable ride.